Welcome

Welcome

Monday, September 23, 2013

Pre Wedding Ceremony & Mehndi Night

Few days before my BIG DAY my cousins from all over the world had started arriving one by one....It was such a sweet moment as we all were meeting up together after more than 10 years....My Pre Wedding Ceremony started 3 days before the BIG DAY....

Day 1 was the mehndi night ceremony..of course we were all busy decorating the house with flowers and all deco item for the night...It was a pretty long night for me as the mehndi took few hours to be completed and dried..mean while all my family n friends got their hands decorated as well.... My lovely cousins were entertaining me by dancing... here are some pics from the mehndi night...










Day 2 so after the long night...here comes the south indian pre wedding ceremony.. I had 2 sessions for the day... 1 done in the morning by mother & 1 more by my dad's sisters... this ceremony is where they rub saffron..sandalwood and etc on the hands..legs..and face of the bride/groom...and then they bring you trays of gifts (sarees,bangles,jewelries & etc)..here are some pics of the 2nd day event

 the ceremony was held outside the house
that's my mum in the green salwar

that's my sister from Guam in the blue saree

 Below this is the 2nd session which is done by my dad's sisters


that's all my aunties and cousins and me 

Then comes the last day-Day 3 
the same ceremony was done but this time it was done by my sisters & sister in laws <3



 these are my gifts from my sister in laws & sisters


that's my sister in law....

that's my brother and sister in law from UAE 

ok so here's the NOT SO FUN PART ( for me ) at the end of every ceremony we normally mess up the bride/groom with the balance sandalwood & saffron. So the below pics says it all...Thanks to my lovely brothers whom were all waiting for that moment...


trust me ...you wouldn't want to see how my face looked :/


Once the above ceremony was over...we had to get ready to leave to the groom's place which is in a different state...( a 2 1/2 hour drive ) ...we chartered a bus and we all were having fun in the bus...

That's pretty much all for now... check out my next blog for my wedding pics !!!!



Here's the youtube link to a short slideshow :
http://www.youtube.com/audio?v=9IN6diZEF20&video_referrer=watch

No comments:

Post a Comment